Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook.
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 4 dill sprigs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 lb bay scallops (cut into 1/2-inch chunks) or 1 lb sea scallops (cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Fill a large pot 3/4 with water and bring to a boil. Add orzo and dill sprigs and cook until orzo is al dente (about 10 minutes), or according to package directions. Remove 1 cup cooking water. Drain orzo. Remove and discard dill sprigs.
- Coat a wok with cooking spray, add the oil, and place over medium-high heat. When hot, add carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add scallops, orzo and reserved cooking water and cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has been evaporated and scallops are opaque throughout (4 - 5 minutes).
- Stir in pepper, chopped dill, lime juice, lime zest, and garlic.
Thank you so much for posting, I had this recipe years back, and have been looking for it again, it is sooo great!
Outstanding. Good enough for elegant dining. Will try with shrimp, crab, or combinations.