Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My step-mom first served this salad and it has become a family tradition since. I always make it for holiday dinners and one year I decided to try new things as I was a little tired and bored with the regulars. I didn't make this one year, and my grown son told me that I should not mess with tradition - this salad WAS the holidays. My kids all call this 'the green stuff'. ZWT West (Hawaiian pineapple).
- 1⁄4 lb marshmallows (16 large)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Melt the marshmallows in milk in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently.
- Pour the milk and marshmallow mixture over lime jello in a large bowl. Stir until dissolved. Stir in cream cheese with beater. Add undrained pineapple. Mix well.
- Cool in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Blend mayonnaise and cool whip into the jello mixture.
I didn't make this for any holiday BUT I might well be adding it to the Christmas menu. I don't know that I've ever used cream cheese in a jello salad before but I will surely be making this again just as written. So yummy. Made for For: Your Consideration.
This is delicious. I followed the recipe except I used cherry jello-o because we make a similar recipe for holidays using cherry jello and that is what we like. Made for Market Tag 2007
This was great. Reminded me about something my grandma used to make. I served it at a cookout and everyone liked it.