Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on the Carnation U.K. website and it was amazing! This recipe is so tasty and easy that I wanted to post here for future reference. Note: I used regular condensed milk with fantastic results for the filling and my own recipe for the crust. It is recommended to use a buttery crust. Also, if you're not familiar with grams you might note that 200 g of condensed milk is very close to 1/2 of a 14 oz can that we find in the U.S., I just tipped out about 1/2 and it worked very well. Also, the oven should be about 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- 240 g ready-made pie crusts
- 200 g low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 4 lemons, juice and zest of
- 3 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan ovens), Gas Mark 4.
- Place the pastry case in the foil onto a baking sheet.
- Mix the condensed milk with the egg yolks and then add the lemon zest and juice (it should thicken). Pour the mixture into the pastry base. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then chill well for atleast 1 hour.