Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
DH loves lemon icebox pie and being a diabetic enjoying that pie can be a challenge. This is an adaption of a Taste of Home recipe that I found. This is like having lemon mousse in a crust. Please note that the cooking time is the time need to chill the pie before serving.
- 10 sheets graham crackers
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sugar-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry all-fruit spread
- 8 large strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor container, crumble the graham crackers and process until crumb consistency, gladly add in the melted margarine and continue processing until combined.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes; allow to cool completely before adding the filling.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the boiling water and stir the gelatin for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved.
- Add enough ice cubes to the cold water so that the water measures 3/4 cup, add to the gelatin mixture and continue to stir until ice is melted and the gelatin thickens.
- In blender container, combine the cottage cheese with Splenda granular and process until smooth, scraping sides of container as needed; add in the thickened gelatin and process lightly to combine well.
- Gently fold the whipped topping into the cottage cheese mixture, combining well; pour into cooled crust and place in refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, cut the pie into 8 equal slice, place on plate, warm the spreadable fruit and drizzle a few tablespoons over each slice of pie.
- Make strawberry fans by cutting from tip to stem 3 to 4 times depending on size of strawberries, without cutting completely through the stem, fan the strawberries and place on plate with pie slices.
You could use strawberry gelatin & have a strawberry pie. Or even use orange or lime depending on what your favorite is