1/1 Photo of Libbies Skillet Corn Bread
Dienia B.'s Note:
Very old way to make cornbread. I made this. It had a nice crispy bottom because the oil was hot when I put it in pan. I used margarine instead of lard; it was okay. It is lighter than Southern cornbread; the batter is a lot looser than Southern corn bread but don't worry; it comes together great; it is a little moister and sweeter but tastes very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt together.
- 2Add sour milk, sweet milk, and egg; stir until just combined.
- 3Put a tablespoon lard in a pan like cast iron skillet and let it get hot.
- 4Pour the mixture in the skillet.
- 5Cook for a minute on stove top.
- 6Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 mnutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Libbies Skillet Corn Bread
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 496.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g