1 hr 15 mins
This couscous dish has a sweet and tangy combination of fresh and cooked ingredients. Thinly sliced apple and chicken breast are served on a bed of couscous with vegetables and sweet golden raisins. Cherry tomatoes and toasted pecans add a wonderful garnish to this array of flavors and colors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Place the chicken breast in a baking dish. Zest one lemon on top of the chicken and squeeze all of the juice over it.
- 3Bake the chicken for approximately 30 minutes or until done (this is for boneless skinless chicken breast, adjust cook time if using chicken with bones).
- 4After you remove the chicken from the oven, lay the pecan pieces on a pie tin (or some type of metal baking sheet) and bake them for 10 minutes.
- 5Zest the second lemon into a bowl and set aside.
- 6Measure the 1 1/2 cups of water into a pot and add a dash of salt.
- 7Squeeze the juice from the second lemon into the pot with the water and bring it to a boil.
- 8All at once, add the couscous, peas, shredded carrot, basil, and golden raisins to the pot. Then cover and let it simmer for two minutes.
- 9Stir the couscous mixture slightly and let it sit for a few minutes.
- 10Thinly slice the apple and chicken breast. Cut each cherry tomato in half.
- 11Serve the couscous in a large dish and arrange the chicken and apple slices on top. Then place the cherry tomatoes around the edge of the slices and sprinkle the pecans and lemon zest on top (be as decorative as you would like).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Apple Chicken Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 140.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g