Recipe by Linda O.
This is a light crunchy cookie and a good way to use up all that summer zucchini, other than zucchini bread.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and seeded, finely grated (about 1 cup-after grating in food processor, I chopped it up on a cutting board)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees;. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Stir in vanilla, lemon zest, and salt. Add flour and cornmeal and mix until the mixture is crumbly. Add zucchini and stir until a thick dough forms.
- 2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons, 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lned baking sheets. Bake until cookies are light golden brown at edges, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.