1/1 Photo of Lemon Layer Cake
Light and moist with a delicious lemon flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups milk
LEMON BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans.
- 3Line with waxed paper; grease paper.
- 4In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 5In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and eggs with electric mixer at high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 6Beat in lemon rind and juice.
- 7Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating between each addition just until well mixed.
- 8Pour into prepared pans.
- 9Bake for 35 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with finger tip.
- 10Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; loosen around edges with knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
- 11For frosting: Beat butter in a medium bowl with electric mixer until soft.
- 12Stir in lemon rind; beat confectioners sugar alternately with lemon juice until smooth and spreadable.
- 13(makes enough frosting for one two-layer cake).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2037 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6961.2
- Calories from Fat 2335
- Total Fat 259.4 g
- Saturated Fat 158.0 g
- Cholesterol 1210.7 mg
- Sodium 5024.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1116.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 797.3 g
- Protein 70.4 g