1/1 Photo of Lemon Drizzle Cake
Frugal Fifer's Note:
I made this easy recipe the other day, I think I got it ages ago from a packet of flour...note to self to log where I find recipes on all my scraps! It was one of the softest, lightest sponges I had made. The recipe calls for SR Flour, I had some sponge flour to use so that might have made the difference. The lemon flavour is not too overpowering and the syrup drizzled over the top gives lovely pockets of tartness within the light sponge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180oC then grease and line a 2ib loaf tin.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar together, add the lemon zest and eggs then beat again, if it splits add a tbs of flour and keep mixing. Add in flour, mixing gently then finally add the milk. Pour in prepared tin and bake for around 45 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile mix the sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and put to one side, the sugar will dissolve into a lovely tart syrup. Remember to stir again before putting on the cake.
- 4Test the cake ( when a skewer comes out of the middle clean) prick it all over ans slowly spoon the sugar onto the cake. I find it easier to start in the middle then work my way round to the sides of the cake to ensure even distribution of the syrup.
- 5Leave to cool completely in the tin before removing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Drizzle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 112.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of