Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in Quick Cooking a few years ago and it has become a staple in our household. It is a very tasty dish that is so easy to make, yet looks very impressive. Good enough for company!
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml minced fresh parsley
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml lemon-pepper seasoning
- 198.44 g package thin spaghetti
- In a large skillet, saute onions& garlic in butter& oil until tender.
- Stir in the chicken, lemon juice, parsley, seasoned salt& lemon-pepper.
- Saute for 15-20 min or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Add to chicken mixture& toss.
We loved this! A very simple and quick recipe that proved to be very good. I worried that it might be too "lemony" for the kids [5 and 2] but they loved it. The only change I made was adding freshly grated Parmesano Reggiano cheese when tossing together. Thanks for a great weeknight meal idea...and a cheap one at that!
A great basic recipe to play with, and very easy (esp. if you dice lots of chicken on weekends and freeze in sealed bags, like I do). I too switched out the seasoning salt -- too "artificial" for an otherwise fresh and lively recipe. At the end, why note make a pan sauce by simply deglazing all those good bits with chicken broth! Also added steamed asparagus tips.
Quick, easy and delicious! Not too lemony.