Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
From WW Community.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers (rinsed and drained )
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Stir in the orzo and salt. Boil for 10-12 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Stir in the parsley, lemon juice, capers, olive oil and pepper into the orzo. Serve immediately.
This is good stuff!!! Easy to make, savory and tangy! I could see adding a little parmesan cheese and just making a meal out of this one. Thanks for the recipe!!
What a light side dish! I did add some diced onion for crunchiness; and some Zest from the squeezed lemon to increase the tart taste. Didn't change the basic recipe. I served it cold; was very delish!
Reds, I love this. I made 2 servings and squeezed 1/2 of a lemon into it and for my taste that was a good amount and the capers are a great touch. Aside from the extra lemon I followed the recipe and it worked very well. Easy to make and lots of flavor. I paired it with lemon sauteed shrimp. Yummm!