My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Prepare three 8" round cake pans with parchment paper, butter and flour or just use silpat. If you don't have 3, try 1 square or 1 larger.
- 3Sift dry ingredients into medium bowl.
- 4Transfer 1 tablespoon flour mixture to larger bowl. Add fresh blueberries and toss to coat them with flour. Set remaining flour mixture and blueberries aside.
- 5Stir whole milk, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon zest in small bowl.
- 6In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar, until pale yellow and very fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 7Beat in eggs one at a time, until well combined. Mix in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, starting and ending with flour mixture.
- 8Stir until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Divide batter equally among the 3 cake pans.
- 9Bake cakes until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 10Cool cakes in pans on racks for about 10 minutes, then invert onto racks until completely cool.
- 11Frost with Zesty Lemon Frosting or your choice.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Blueberry Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1731 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4735.1
- Calories from Fat 2107
- Total Fat 234.1 g
- Saturated Fat 138.9 g
- Cholesterol 1304.0 mg
- Sodium 5115.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 603.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.8 g
- Sugars 356.6 g
- Protein 67.0 g