Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a luscious lemon cake. The blueberries really set it off and make such good looking slices. Zesty Lemon Frosting is just perfect for this cake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare three 8" round cake pans with parchment paper, butter and flour or just use silpat. If you don't have 3, try 1 square or 1 larger.
- Sift dry ingredients into medium bowl.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon flour mixture to larger bowl. Add fresh blueberries and toss to coat them with flour. Set remaining flour mixture and blueberries aside.
- Stir whole milk, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon zest in small bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar, until pale yellow and very fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, until well combined. Mix in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, starting and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Divide batter equally among the 3 cake pans.
- Bake cakes until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans on racks for about 10 minutes, then invert onto racks until completely cool.
- Frost with Recipe #477445 or your choice.