This is a really filling, warming dish that is perfect when the weather turns chilly. Some view it as a side dish, but we have often enjoyed it as a main. Make sure to slice the potatoes thin or it will take a while for this to bake!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onions in oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add kale and toss until it begins to wilt.
- Arrange potato slices in a sprayed 13 x 9 pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of all the herbs and arrange kale mixture over this. Sprinkle remaining herbs on top.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on top and cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle cheese on top, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
I really like all of these ingredients seprately but have never had them together like this before. I made and enjoyed this as my main course today for lunch, warmed up some leftover frozen cooked blackeyed peas. I am looking forward to preparing again. Thanks for posting. Made for Adopt a Veggie Tag
I scaled back for 4 serves and 3 of us scoffed the lot. I used some home grown silverbeet for the kale and some baby mozzarella balls for the cheddar cheese and baked in a 8x8 pan but did have to put under the griller/broiler to give the cheese a little colour ran out of time to leave it longer it had to be served. Thank you smellyvegetarian, made for 123 Hits.
A tasty dish: we really loved the potatoes and sweet potatoes together and the kale and herbs added a great blend of flavours. I added some minced garlic to the onion and tossed it in with the kale in step 3. I also added sage and thyme to the basil and rosemary (personal taste preferences: I love garlic and always use lots of herbs). Personally I would rather omit the cheese rather than use reduced-fat cheese, which for me - unlike low-fat cream or low-fat milk which I use all the time - is tasteless, so I used regular cheese. We enjoyed this with Krista Roes's Chicken With Creamy Green Onion Sauce. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for PRMR.