Texas Poofy's Note:
My husband's German mom made these cookies every year for the family and to give away to anyone who visited during the Christmas season. She had batches squirreled away everywhere in her house! I have no idea how many batches she made....but boy, are they good. I decided to follow the tradition with my children and now I am making cookies with my grandchildren. I am not sure exactly what makes these so good, maybe the baking powder...but enjoy...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar together until light yellow.
- 2Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- 3Add baking powder and salt. Stir until mixed.
- 4Add flour one cup at a time until you have a very stiff batter using about four cups of flour. Reserve extra flour for rolling out the dough.
- 5Wrap the dough in plastic wrap. I make flat discs to make rolling the dough out easier.
- 6Chill overnight in the refrigerator until firm.
- 7Roll out on a floured surface and cut with cookie cutters.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes until the are just brown at the edges.
- 9Frost with you favorite frosting.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kris Kringle Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.1
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 87.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g