Recipe by HealthNutz
Baked in the oven with your favorite spicy seasoning. Sweet potatoes are high in fiber, potassium, and vitamins A and C!
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Love baked fries and always entertaining new options. I used the spicy Montreal seasoning blend and loved the contrast between the spuds and spice. I cut smaller, not shoestring, fries and they took about 40 minutes. A tip for those new to this treat - don't crowd the pan and keep the wedges apart to get a crispy result.
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut into desired shape
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder or 2 tablespoons McCormick spice blends monterey style
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy clean-up), and arrange fries. Drizzle oil on top.
- Sprinkle seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Bake about 40-50 minutes, depending on fries thickness. A thicker steak fry will need a lower baking temperature, and longer cooking time. Fries should be golden and crispy.