Here's a filling for Crepes Suzette without the traditional flaming--less fun but very good! You can substitute Triple Sec, Cointreau, Limoncello or other liquers for the Grand Marnier. Step-by-step photos are posted in the French Forum under "Techniques." I recommend Kate's Basic Crepes made with butter.
- Cream the powdered sugar into the butter until you have a smooth texture.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and Grand Marnier. It will break down (look a little curdled) when you add the citrus and alcohol but that is okay.
- Spread the mixture over each crepe.
- Fold the crepes in quarters and pile together.
- Keep crepes warm in a 200 degree Fahrenheit oven.