Recipe by LindaPulley619
A simple Chinese dish that is easy to prepare. A hit with my husband and kids. Where it came from is an ancient Chinese secret!!!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 -3 dried red chilies
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a bowl combine chicken with 1 teaspoons of soy sauce and the cornstarch. Marinate for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, soak the dried chillies in hot water for a few minutes. When softened, chop. You can discard the seeds if you want for a little less spice.
- 2. Heat a wok or a large sauté pan over high heat. When hot, swirl the oil and add the chicken. Spread the chicken all over the surface of the pan. Sear on both sides until lightly browned but not cooked all the way through about 4 minutes.
- 3. Add the chillies, garlic and bell pepper. Stir fry until fragrant. Add the remaining teaspoon of soy sauce, chicken stock and vinegar. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with roasted peanuts and serve with rice.