Recipe by Boyz 5
Another unique recipe from HOMEMAKER'S magazine. If you love your coffee, you should love these!!! A hint of coffee flavour enhances the spiciness in these big crunchy cookies!!!
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (quick, not instant)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons regular grind coffee (fine grind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup raisins (or half of each) or 1 cup chocolate chips (or half of each)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cream together shortening and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine oats, flour, coffee, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; mix thoroughly.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Shape dough into balls about 2 inches in diameter.
- Place about 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Flatten each to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown (do not over bake). Let cool a few minutes on baking sheets, then remove to rack to cool completely.
- (May be wrapped airtight and stored up to 2 days or frozen).