Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice marinade for summertime grilling! Be sure to give yourself ample marinating time to allow the flavor to develop properly. :)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 habanero peppers, seeded and minced (or to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half (4 inch)
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl mix together vinegar, lime juice, oil, and molasses.
- Stir in onions and habaneros.
- Heat small skillet over high heat; when hot, add cinnamon stick, cloves, allspice, and peppercorns.
- Swirl spices around until they become hot and very fragrant; do not burn.
- Remove from heat.
- Add spices to liquid mixture and stir in salt, mixing all together.
- Use marinade on chicken, pork, or goat, marinating several hours, preferably overnight.