Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple and tasty dish. From "Diabetic Cooking" magazine.
Make and share this Jalapeno Shrimp and String Bean Toss recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces medium raw shrimp, peeled tails intact
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced crosswise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place water, green beans, and red bell pepper strips into a large skillet and heat over medium high heat to boiling; cover and cook until beans are crisp tender and water has evaporated, about 4 to 6 minutes; set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and cook shrimp and jalapeno slices until shrimp is pink and opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper then add butter, once melted toss to coat.
- Return vegetables and toss to combine; serve.