1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Potato Salad
A delicious Mexican style potato salad with a short list of ingredients but a bright taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs red potatoes, all about the same size (you can use white but reds hold together better after boiling)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -3 jalapeno pepper, deseeded, deribbed and finely diced
- 4 green onions, tops too
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced (optional)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (optional)
- 1In a large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- 2Peel or scrub the potatoes. Carefully add to the boiling water. Add the salt.
- 3Boil until soft but not too soft. We don't want them to fall apart when we mix in the dressing. 15-20 minutes should do it for small-medium sized potatoes.
- 4Drain and set aside to cool.
- 5After they have cooled, cut into small bitesized pieces, about a 1/2 dice, and place in a large bowl.
- 6In another bowl mix the sour cream, mayo, diced jalapenos, green onions and cilantro if using. (If you prefer, add the dressing ingredients to your food processor and pulse until smooth.).
- 7Pour dressing over the potatoes and gently toss to coat. (actually, I've found that after the intial toss, putting a tight fitting lid on the bowl and inverting it a couple of times mixes the salad pretty well without breaking up the potatoes.).
- 8Garnish with parsley and/or cilanto and/or grape tomatoes.
- 9Refrigerate until serving time.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 533.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g