Top Review by Sue Lau
This recipe is very good! The cornbread rises well and has good texture although I would hope for it to be more fluffy. The jalapeno flavor is mild so for those loving pepper flavor, they should increase the amount. Thank you.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, meted plus
- 1 teaspoon butter, to grease the pan
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeno chile
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients with a wire whisk or fork.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, butter and jalapeno chile.
- Add to cornmeal mixture and stir until just blended.
- Pour into pan and bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.