1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Cornbread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, meted plus
- 1 teaspoon butter, to grease the pan
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeno chile
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with butter.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients with a wire whisk or fork.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, butter and jalapeno chile.
- 5Add to cornmeal mixture and stir until just blended.
- 6Pour into pan and bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (818 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1712.1
- Calories from Fat 618
- Total Fat 68.6 g
- Saturated Fat 37.5 g
- Cholesterol 569.8 mg
- Sodium 3625.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 229.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 48.1 g