1/2 Photos of Italian White Lasagna
This is some lasagna! Rich, with Gouda, Cheddar, cream cheese, and Mozzarella, you won't be disappointed! Posted in response to a request for a good Italian lasagna! You may leave out the meat for vegetarian!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef (optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1 1/2 cups gouda cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Brown beef (if using), celery, onion and garlic in a 1 tbls. oil; drain.
- 3Stir in seasonings.
- 4Add cream cheese and cream.
- 5Cook over low heat until smooth.
- 6Add wine, shredded Cheddar and Gouda (or cheese of your choice).
- 7Stir together egg and cottage cheese, set aside.
- 8Layer cooked noodles, part of meat (or just vegetable) mixture, cottage cheese, half Mozzarella.
- 9Repeat until all is used; top with Mozzarella.
- 10Bake on top rack for 40 minutes. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian White Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1059.4
- Calories from Fat 576
- Total Fat 64.0 g
- Saturated Fat 37.1 g
- Cholesterol 256.7 mg
- Sodium 1882.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 58.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: