1/1 Photo of Italian Shells Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
This is another recipe I ran across early in our marriage 30 short yrs ago. (I bought a little blank, hardbound book to write special recipes in). DH loves it. Falls into the comfort food category. Cheesy and mmm, mmm good. Add a salad, and dinner is complete!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook shells and drain (while waiting, go on to next steps).
- 2Brown ground beef and drain. Add salt, pepper, and marinara sauce. Simmer 20 minutes.
- 3In deep pan, line bottom with 1/2 of the shells. Cover with half of the meat sauce. Spread half of the sour cream lightly over and then sprinkle with half of both the cheeses. Repeat.
- 4Cover and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- 5Uncover and bake 20 minutes more.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Shells Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.5
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.2 mg
- Sodium 1236.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 44.8 g