Recipe by LAURIE
Everyone loves potato skins and these taste like pizza too! My kids like me to have these in the freezer for a quick snack. They are yummy!
Top Review by Chef Patience
These were pretty good. The potato skins would have been better if they had been seasoned. Maybe brushing them with butter and salt on the outside before baking them the first time would do the trick.
- 12 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-50 minutes until tender.
- Cut into halves.
- Scoop out potato leaving 1/2 inch thick shells.
- (Save the potato flesh for another use like mashed potatoes or pancakes).
- Brush both sides of the skins with melted margarine.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenehit for 10-15 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage and drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce and spices.
- Fill potato shells with mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake about 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately or cool and freeze for later.