Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Love asparagus!! From Cooking light
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated parmesan cheese or 2 teaspoons asiago cheese
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Remove scales from stalks with a knife or veggie peeler, if desired.
- Arrange asparagus in a veggie steamer over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp tender, keep warm.
- Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stir well.
- To serve, spoon tomato mixture over asparagus, sprinkle with cheese.
great recipe and pretty too! I used 3/4 C canned chopped tomatoes, parboiled asparagus for a couple min. In 9x13 pan arranged asparagus and put tomato mixture across middle. 10 min, at 400. Come summer I will use fresh tomatoes and herbs and not warm it in oven. Great with trout almondine and brown rice.
Hi Derf, I loved this, I had to change oregano to basil because I am alergic, but it didn't affect the recipe at all. We loved and i will be making it again. Its a keeper. Thanks for posting.
Really good and very different from anything I've had in the past. Was making Scoozi's Pollo Al Limone (Scoozi's Pollo Al Limone) and needed a side veggie. This paired VERY well without stealing the show. The flavors were nice...I love tomatoes and asparagus. Next time I may add a bit of garlic into the process. I roasted the asparagus in the oven first after spraying them with a garlic/EVOO spray rather than steam. Would do this again as well. Delicious and highly recommended. Will make again.