Recipe by Derf
Love asparagus!! From Cooking light
Top Review by sarahj
great recipe and pretty too! I used 3/4 C canned chopped tomatoes, parboiled asparagus for a couple min. In 9x13 pan arranged asparagus and put tomato mixture across middle. 10 min, at 400. Come summer I will use fresh tomatoes and herbs and not warm it in oven. Great with trout almondine and brown rice.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated parmesan cheese or 2 teaspoons asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Remove scales from stalks with a knife or veggie peeler, if desired.
- Arrange asparagus in a veggie steamer over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp tender, keep warm.
- Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stir well.
- To serve, spoon tomato mixture over asparagus, sprinkle with cheese.