Recipe by Mille®
Snack on them - serve as a side with dinner - fry them for breakfast or brunch
Top Review by meuserlonnie60
There are great. I added 3/4 cup cheddar cheese 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled 1 tsp cooked minced garlic Half small yellow onion finely chopped and cooked Couple dashes of onion powder
- 2 cups boiled mashed potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons melted bacon fat (NOT margarine) or 3 tablespoons butter (NOT margarine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash potatoes well, add real butter and salt.
- Add as much flour as potatoes will take without becoming too dry.
- Turn out onto a floured board, roll until ¼ inch in thickness.
- Cut into circles, approximately 2½“ in diameter.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Cook on a hot dry griddle or heavy pan dusted with a little flour.
- When they brown with small darker spots appearing, they are cooked.
- Serve hot off the griddle with maple syrup, golden syrup, honey or butter.
- Wrap uneaten scones in greaseproof paper and refrigerate.
- Reheat cold scones by frying them in bacon fat until crisp, and serve with bacon and eggs – delicious!
- *Flour amount varies according to the type of potato used.
- For Vegetarian omit the bacon fat. Do not refry in Bacon fat to reheat for Vegetarian. And you might want to serve it with Vegetarian bacon not real bacon.