Irish Fruit Scones
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl measure flour, sugar, baking powder.
- Add butter and work with your fingertips until mixture resembles small peas.
- Mix in dry fruit.
- In small bowl mix buttermilk and eggs add to dry mixture.
- Using your hands, form dough into large ball and place on floured surface.
- Knead lightly only few times until comes together.
- Roll out into 1 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into 3 inch rounds place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with milk to glaze.
- Bake scones for 20-25 minutes.
Finally a recipe close to the scones my DH and I had in Ireland this past summer! I must note that one should pay particular attention to step 8 for best rising. I kneaded just a tad too much on my first batch. One really wants the dough to JUST come together and roll very lightly. Thank you SO much for posting this receipe. It's a keeper.