Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my neighbor lady's recipe. She is well known for her doughnuts.
- 4 eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml nutmeg, grated
- 4.92 ml white vinegar
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 1301.24 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- Cream eggs and sugar until well blended.
- Add vanilla and vinegar and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Combine buttermilk and heavy cream.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk mixture alternately to sugar mixture.
- Put into a donut maker.
- Drop into 375ºF. lard.
- Fry until brown on one side, flip and fry until the other side is browned.
- Remove to paper towels.
Make this recipe for my mini doughnut maker and they turned out great. I glazed them and they are fantastic. Didn't change a thing.
These are the perfect texture and the perfect flavor. I like them better than the recipes the donut maker came with. Excellent with frosting and sprinkles. And they don't fall apart.
Thank you so much for the recipe, a friend gave me her doughnut maker but with out recipes and I really didn't know what to do with it. I asked her for recipes and she said that's why I gave it to you, I didn't know what to do with it! Now I have one good recipe to eloborate on. Think i will try adding blue berries next time. Thank you for sharing