Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Use this sauce to dip in bits of fish, steamed or sauteed shrimp, or crawfish. As an appetizer, use it as a dip for raw veggies. Great with French fries or fresh bread too. Fantastic!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning, to taste
- Mix Creole mustard with the mayonnaise to taste.
- Add lemon juice to taste, (1 Tbsp. will get you going.) Add Creole spices to taste (start with 1 1/2 tsp.).
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
Thank you for this recipe! I now live in La. and wasn't quite sure how to make this type sauce, but I see all the locals dipping their crawfish in it. Although I have not actually tried yours, it sounds delicious, and my lips are smacking while I think about dipping my crawfish or shrimp into it--and I didn't even have to ask the locals! Thank you!
I made this for the third time last night. I served it with crabcakes. Tastes great with fried green tomatoes, too! This is exactly like the sauce I fell in love with where I work, but it was discontinued. I was so happy to find this recipe and have it taste like that one. This is an incredibly easy recipe and quite tasty. It will be made over and over again for me. Thanks!