Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A concentrate for sweet tea lovers. The baking soda keeps the tea from clouding.
Make and share this Iced Tea Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart water (8 cups)
- 3 family-sized tea bags or 8 -10 regular tea bags
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Bring water to boiling; remove from heat then add tea bags.
- Steep 15 minutes; discard tea bags (do not squeeze for the tea will become bitter).
- Add sugar and baking soda; stir to dissolve.
- Add to mixture the lemon juice.
- To serve: pour enough tea syrup to taste in tall iced tea glass filled with ice cubes. Fill remainder of glass with water. Enjoy!
This the perfect way to prepare Iced Tea ahead of time. I just mixed mine with half syrup and half water and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing your recipe :)
I wanted to go ahead and post a photo and review, but I'm kind of waiting to see if the baking soda keeps the tea from getting cloudy! I halved the recipe, since I'm an empty-nester now. This turned out great....I'll be drinking it throughout the week. Thanks for posting! Made for photo tag.
A grand taste and a grand view to partake of such delightful liquid refreshment on a hot summer day. I followed this exactly. Used this on *Saturday Lunch at the Farm* and I ran out...it was so delicious! It made a perfect drink to cool the thirst of our farm helpers and was a very welcomed addition to the farm table. I put mine in a big glass pitcher, adding 6 cups of water to the pitcher. Floated sliced lemons on top! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* August 2009.