- 1 quart water (8 cups)
- 3 family-sized tea bags or 8 -10 regular tea bags
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lemon, juiced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boiling; remove from heat then add tea bags.
- Steep 15 minutes; discard tea bags (do not squeeze for the tea will become bitter).
- Add sugar and baking soda; stir to dissolve.
- Add to mixture the lemon juice.
- To serve: pour enough tea syrup to taste in tall iced tea glass filled with ice cubes. Fill remainder of glass with water. Enjoy!