Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I enjoy smoothies but I am lactose intolerant and so many of them feature dairy. So, I have collected a few fruit smoothies that don't contain dairy. I found this one in the instruction booklet that came with my Kenwood smoothie maker.
- 6 fluid ounces apple juice, chilled
- 7 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and halved, if large
- 12 1⁄2 ounces cantaloupe, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 ice cubes
- 1⁄2 ounce honey
- Pour the apple juice into the blender or smoothie maker.
- Add the strawberries, chunks of cantaloupe and the ice cubes.
- Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Add the honey and mix in the blender or smoothie maker for another 10 seconds.
- Serve in chilled glasses.
Sarah, I enjoyed this smoothie very much, thank you for posting!
I really enjoy smoothies without dairy more than with, so I enjoyed this very much! I used frozen cantalope and frozen strawberries, so this was very thick and so cold! Thanks!
Great tasting smoothie, & a definite keeper of a recipe! I did freeze the strawberries & half the chunked cantaloupe, then omitted the ice cubes! Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC cooking game]