Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It doesn't matter what I prepare for dinner, someone always compliments the salad! I thought I should share my way! You can add or subtract from most of the veggies but NOT the Tomatoes! I don't always use everything vegetable listed cause I might not have it, but I think it's the tomatoes and the technique that actually make it so good. If your tomatoes are juicy and ripe you won't need much dressing- if any!
- 1⁄2 red onion (cut in half and sliced thin)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and sliced thin or diced)
- 1⁄2 carrot (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tomatoes with juice (ripe and diced)
- 1⁄2-1 head lettuce (cut up in small bite size pieces)
- 1 (12 ounce) can pitted black olives (whole)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Combine first 6 ingredients and stir well.
- (the tomatoes should make alittle juice).
- Add lettuce and Toss.
- Throw in the olives.
- Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Enjoy with or without the dressing!
Great salad, loved the variety of ingredients. I drizzled just a bit of low fat ranch dressing on mine and it was perfect.
ive made this twice now.the first time my husband wasnt home so refrigerated left overs, the next day it was gone. he asked me if ther was dressing on the salad...there wasnt. needless to say he loved it even without any dressing its a keeper. thanks
You're right, everyone compliments this salad - and its so easy!