It doesn't matter what I prepare for dinner, someone always compliments the salad! I thought I should share my way! You can add or subtract from most of the veggies but NOT the Tomatoes! I don't always use everything vegetable listed cause I might not have it, but I think it's the tomatoes and the technique that actually make it so good. If your tomatoes are juicy and ripe you won't need much dressing- if any!
- 1⁄2 red onion (cut in half and sliced thin)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and sliced thin or diced)
- 1⁄2 carrot (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tomatoes with juice (ripe and diced)
- 1⁄2-1 head lettuce (cut up in small bite size pieces)
- 1 (12 ounce) can pitted black olives (whole)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Combine first 6 ingredients and stir well.
- (the tomatoes should make alittle juice).
- Add lettuce and Toss.
- Throw in the olives.
- Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Enjoy with or without the dressing!