- 1⁄3 lb mushroom, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, peeled and chopped (fresh or canned)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add mushrooms, shallots, salt and pepper to taste, and cook about 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer briefly over high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and beef broth, and tarragon.
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the cornstarch with the water.
- Stir into sauce and cook until slightly thickened.