1/2 Photos of Hunter's Sauce (Sauce Chasseur)
A fresh mushroom sauce that is ideally suited for London Broil, but goes with any meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb mushroom, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup tomato, peeled and chopped (fresh or canned)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan and add mushrooms, shallots, salt and pepper to taste, and cook about 10 minutes.
- 2Add the wine and simmer briefly over high heat.
- 3Add the tomatoes and beef broth, and tarragon.
- 4Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Blend the cornstarch with the water.
- 6Stir into sauce and cook until slightly thickened.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hunter's Sauce (Sauce Chasseur)
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 96.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g