Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Melanie Kerwin's Facebook page. She posts a lot of neat recipes. Although there are many other Hummus recipes on this site I didn't find any as unique as this one. Other recipes call for Cumin so I added it as an optional ingredient. https://www.facebook.com/melanie.landaukerwin
- 2 (8 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 dash pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Use food processor or blender and process until smooth, adding a little water if necessary to move things along.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with pita wedges for dipping.