Recipe by ~Nimz~
Use this to season and flavor ingredients to liven up any recipe. The oil can last indefinitely refrigerated. Original from the Cuisine of California
Top Review by TasteTester
I used this oil last night when I made Nimz' Recipe #237746, #237746. It has a great spicy flavor -- and gets hotter as it hits the back of your mouth. I strained out the pepper flakes because they kept coming out of the bottle when I poured the oil, and I wanted a clear oil. The oil won't get any hotter because I took out the pepper flakes, but I love it just the way it is anyway! Thanks for another good recipe, Nimz.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pepper flakes and oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil then immediately turn off heat.
- Let cool.
- Leave pepper flakes in oil.
- They will fall to the bottom and the oil can be used in seasoning.
- The oil will become hotter as it stands.