Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Gather a bunch of friends and family, put some of this in a thermus and go carolling down your street. (from Century home magazine)
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan on medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- When liquid is hot but not boiling, remove from heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then strain through a fine sieve, reserving fruit.
- Pour liquid into mugs or heat resistant glasses, adding reserved fruit for garnish.
- (Filled with fruit and infused with warm spices, this drink is just as comforting served without the red wine).
This was a wonderful hot beverage that I served on Christmas Day. I used a Burgundy wine. We loved the fruit-spiced flavor and the fruit garnish added eye appeal. Thank you Dorothy. I sipped on this most of the day so I could put up with my husband's crazy family ;)
This recipe is delicious! It is way better than a similar one I made last year. Great for Thanksgiving or Christmas, or a winter dinner party, everyone loved it! I used a Rioja, a fruity, spicy Spanish wine usually used for Sangria. I will definately make this again!
This was delicious! We hosted a party with several pregnant women in attendance. I made the sangria w/o wine and had a bottle of cab out beside it. Everyone loved it, with or without the wine. Thanks for such a yummy recipe!! We loved the fruit and real spices in it!!