Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I came up with this today when trying to figure out something to do with a few veggies and a bag of cooked rice noodles that had made it to the end of the food shopping week. We really enjoyed it and it is also pretty healthy too.
Top Review by Tea Jenny
Mmmm Sarah, this was good, I made exactly as the recipe said an oh boy it was good, mind you by the time I got to the bottom of the bowl my mouth was on fire but in a good way. My DH loves hot hot food, and he really liked this so I am very sure I will be making it again. Great recipe thank you so much for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010.
- 53 fluid ounces vegetarian chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped up
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, including the green tops, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, from a jar
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 13 1⁄2 ounces rice noodles, already cooked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the stock, garlic and ginger into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, rice wine vinegar and sauce and bring back to a boil.
- Add in the mushrooms, corn, bamboo shots,shredded carrots and dried chili flakes. Allow to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Put the noodles and black pepper into the pot and cook for two or three minutes just until they are warmed up.
- Divide into bowls and enjoy.