1/3 Photos of Hot and Sour Vegetable Rice Noodle Soup
I came up with this today when trying to figure out something to do with a few veggies and a bag of cooked rice noodles that had made it to the end of the food shopping week. We really enjoyed it and it is also pretty healthy too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 53 fluid ounces vegetarian chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped up
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, including the green tops, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, from a jar
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 13 1/2 ounces rice noodles, already cooked
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Put the stock, garlic and ginger into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the onions, rice wine vinegar and sauce and bring back to a boil.
- 4Add in the mushrooms, corn, bamboo shots,shredded carrots and dried chili flakes. Allow to boil for about 5 minutes.
- 5Put the noodles and black pepper into the pot and cook for two or three minutes just until they are warmed up.
- 6Divide into bowls and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Vegetable Rice Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1245.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken stock
rice wine vinegar