I came up with this today when trying to figure out something to do with a few veggies and a bag of cooked rice noodles that had made it to the end of the food shopping week. We really enjoyed it and it is also pretty healthy too.
- 53 fluid ounces vegetarian chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped up
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, including the green tops, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, from a jar
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 13 1⁄2 ounces rice noodles, already cooked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put the stock, garlic and ginger into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, rice wine vinegar and sauce and bring back to a boil.
- Add in the mushrooms, corn, bamboo shots,shredded carrots and dried chili flakes. Allow to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Put the noodles and black pepper into the pot and cook for two or three minutes just until they are warmed up.
- Divide into bowls and enjoy.