Compliments of the National Honey Board. Gift idea: Fill a pretty basket with 1 Jar of Gift Mix, Coffee Mugs, Individual packs of flavored coffee, tea, or hot chocolate mix.
- To make mix:.
- In large bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cloves and nutmeg; mix well.
- Add oats; mix well. Transfer to resealable plastic bag, an unbreakable decorative jar with lid or other airtight container. Store in cool dry place. A quart canning jar is most commonly used. If using a jar, cut out a square or circle of pretty fabric with pinking shears and place over jar lid, tie with a pretty ribbon or raffia.
- Attach a gift tag with the following mixing and baking instructions:.
- (Ingredients needed to complete Cookies):.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened (no substitutions).
- 3/4 cup honey.
- 1 large egg.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and honey with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add egg; beat well.
- Add half of cookie mix; beat well.
- Add remaining cookie mix; beat well.
- Divide dough into thirds; place each on a piece of plastic wrap and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Wrap tightly; chill at least 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F Remove one portion of dough from refrigerator. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten to 1/8-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in granulated sugar. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, just until centers are set. (Cookies will feel soft. Do not overbake.) Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
This was perfect for the basket I'm preparing for my friend's upcoming birthday. Made for ZWT6.
Another PAC 07 choice. I made this today and used my wide mouth mason jar. I will be giving this to a friend for a gift. Smells heavenly !!!