Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
yum. iT's aLL iN tHe naMe. I'm not sure on how many servings but I'm thinking 24 cookies if you make them the average cookie size. I tend to make mine a little bigger, cuz my hubby's a cookie monster.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup butter (Butter tastes better) or 3⁄4 cup shortening (Butter tastes better)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together Brown Sugar and Butter.
- Slowly add the Honey, then the egg and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture.
- Make sure the batter is mixed well then form balls and dip in white sugar and place on greased cookie sheet sugar side up.
- Bake for 7 minutes (cooking time may vary).
- Let cool or eat warm.
Great recipe. I dropped the dough from a rounded teaspoons and sprinkled with sugar. I made 24 larger at 15 minutes and 24 small cookies at 10-11 minutes baking time with this recipe. Be sure and add at least 1/4t. more ginger, you will be disappointed if you don't. I am wishing I had added even more. So good!
A nice change from the usual ginger molasses cookies. I didn't have any ground clove so I used ground allspice instead. I might add more of the spices next time because I like my cookies extra spicy, but these are still super tasty as they are. My oven tends to run hot and it still took twice the cooking time, 15-16 minutes or so, so that's something to keep in mind, my first batch was still raw in the center when I cooked them for only 10 minutes. Otherwise I think this will become a regular recipe in my house. Thank you!
These cookies are very good! They are perfect as they are chewy and soft on the inside. My DD made them and replaced the brown sugar with brown sugar blend Spenda!