Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made these for Easter and they were very good, not to mention, easy to make. If you like sweet potatoes, this one is a must try. The original recipe came from Bon Appetit February 2001.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small micorwave safe bowl combine butter, honey and lemon juice.
- Microwave until butter melts, add cinnamon.
- Place cubed potatoes in a large bowl and pour honey mixture over potatoes, toss to coat.
- Place in a roasting pan, salt and bake for about 50 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
I enjoyed this healthier side because the holiday foods are killing me. It's no laughing matter one size fits most was lying to me...no laughing matter.
Made these for Easter dinner today and they were ready in a flash - they traveled very well too! After baking I dumped them in a pre-warmed crock-pot and transported them - also made very good leftovers. Next time I would definitely decrease the butter or increase the sweet potatoes as I thought there was too much butter (although it was the holidays, so who was counting??!). Loved the honey and cinnamon.
These sweet potatoes were just what I was looking for. Had baked salmon and wanted an easy way to fix sweet potatoes. My husband loved them. I cut the recipe for just the two of us and used one large sweet potato and used 1/3 of the topping recipe. They were delicious. Thanks, Carole in Orlando