1/6 Photos of Honey Pizza Dough (awesome)
1 hr 46 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is Wolfgang Puck's recipe, and we love it. If you don't have honey, just use sugar. We've found that this makes some of the best dough we've ever had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in 1/4-cup warm water (100-110 degrees).
- 2In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour and the salt. (can do by hand with spoon if you don't have a mixer).
- 3Add the oil, the yeast mixture, and the remaining 3/4 C water, mix on low speed until dough comes cleanly away from the sides of the bowl and clusters around the dough hook, about 5 minutes.
- 4If the dough is still sticky, then simply add a bit more flour until it pulls cleanly away from the hook.
- 5Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead by hand 2 or 3 minutes.
- 6The dough should be smooth and firm. Place in lightly oiled bowl an cover with plastic wrap.
- 7Let sit for about 30-45 minutes. (When ready, the dough will stretch as it is lightly pulled).
- 8Take dough out of bowl and divide into either 2 or 4 balls, depending on whether you want 2 large pizzas or 4 small.
- 9Work each ball by pulling down the sides and tucking under the bottom of the ball. Repeat 4 or 5 times.
- 10Cover the dough with a damp towel (I just use plastic wrap, loosely fitted) and let rest 15 to 20 minutes.
- 11At this point, the balls can be used or wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- 12To make pizzas, I stretch out onto greased pizza pan, top with sauce and toppings, and bake at 450 degrees for 12-16 minutes, until done. (smaller pizzas will take less time, so keep watching it)
- 13I usually slide the pizza off the pan for the remaining 2 minutes to crisp it up a bit.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Pizza Dough (awesome)
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 585.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.9 g