Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my concoction of all the things I love about stir-fry. Don't let the ingredient list spook you. It is very easily prepared.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 28.34 g package brown gravy mix
- 177.44 ml water
- 44.37 ml honey
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 2 carrots, scraped and sliced into julienne strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in quarter inch strips
- 226.79 g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 709.77 ml hot cooked rice
- Slice chicken into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry chicken until lightly browned.
- Drain excess oil.
- In a small bowl, combine gravy mix, water, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir until smooth consistency. Slowly pour sauce mixture over chicken in the skillet and heat and stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover skillet/wok and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrot strips and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper and water chestnuts.
- Continue to simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes or longer depending on how crunchy you prefer the veggies.
- Serve over hot rice.
OMG!!!!! This dish is WONDERFUL!!! Only thing I changed was that I used fresh minced garlic (3 cloves) instead of powder and added it to the sauce, and I used half green pepper and half red pepper, which gave it a beautiful color. Very easy, and the sauce is just out of this world!! Definitely a keeper! Thanks:) ~Manda
Woo-Hoo!! This was so yummy. I have never made a stir-fry using brown gravy mix. It made a very good base for the sauce. I used everything in your ingredient list (never been afraid of a lot of ingredients). The sauce was well seasoned. The vegetables added lots of color, crunch, and great flavor. This is very healthy and my family and I loved it. Thanks for sharing it.
This is pretty good! I sub the water chestnuts with celery and added zucchini and used fresh grated ginger and fresh garlic cuz I'm a snob like that LOL. The sauce was surpirzingly tasty! who knew you could do so much with a pack of gravy mix! Oh and I used rice wine vin rather than the red wine vin...it's lighter. I was thinking of using mirin next time to see how that goes. It is easy easy and very good...you really can't go wrong adding any stir fry veggie or even using sliced beef. I'll make it again! :)