Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a yummy flavor filled chicken dish. It's perfect for those hot summer says when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. It can also be prepared in the broiler. I did not include marinating time in the total prep time. I like to serve it with a rice dish and a spinach salad. A cool key-lime pie would make it a perfect meal!
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounce each)
- 2 medium yellow sweet peppers
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Cut the peppers into 1-2" pieces.
- Add the chicken breasts& peppers to the honey mixture.
- I put all the ingredients in a heavy-duty zip lock bag.
- Seal the bag and shake it until the chicken& peppers are coated with the honey mixture.
- Put it in the refrigerator and let it marinate for 3 hours.
- Turn the bag several times to make sure the chicken and the vegetables are well coated with the marinade.
- Take the chicken and peppers out of the marinade.
- Put the marinade in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce reduces a small amount.
- This usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Spray the grill rack with cooking spray.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Put the chicken on the rack and close the grill lid.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes.
- Baste with the marinade during the last few minutes of cooking.
- The peppers can be grilled in a grilling basket or on skewers.
- The peppers will need to grill for about 5 minutes on each side.
- The chicken and peppers can be cooked in your oven broiler.
- Place them in a single layer on the broiler pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Broil 5-6 inches from the heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and peppers and baste with the marinade.
- Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
This was really good! The flavors were great together. I served it with sweet chili sauce for dipping. Will definately be making again.
delicious!! didn't use the peppers, just chicken. to make things even easier, i just dumped all of the marinade ingredients into the food processor. Mm!
I thought this was really good. I didn't have enough lemons to make the entire cup. I ended up with only about a 1/4 cup. I cut back on the honey a bit but kept everything else at the same amounts. I also added sea salt and fresh pepper right before grilling. I really enjoyed the sweet taste the marinade gave to the jasmine rice I served with this. Thanks so much.