Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This frosty milk shake needs no added sweetener if you use a very ripe banana.
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 118.29 ml water
- 78.07 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 4 ice cubes
- Put banana in a plastic bag and freeze.
- Before use, slightly defrost the banana, peel, cut into slices and put in blender with water, milk, vanilla extract and an ice cube.
- Process at low speed, adding one cube at a time.
This is a great shake! My banana wasn't all that ripe but it didn't bother me at all. I don't care for super-sweet. This is so easy to make and I love the fact it doesn't need ice cream. It tasted just like the milk shakes you would buy anywhere without all the added fat. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-South and Central America.
This shake was lovely! So thick, creamy, cool and tasty! YUM! I used milk in place of water and milk power and that worked out just fine. Loved the banana in this!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful summery shake with us, morgainegeiser!
Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap March 2012.
A great healthy shake! I substituted almond milk so left out the milk powder and water. Delicious! Thanks! Made for the Australian Swap Nov. 2011.