Recipe by JustaQT
So delicious and simple.
Top Review by somebodys_sweet_pea
No more buying sour cream for me! This is SO simple and so yummy! I found if I leave it out for 24 hours, it's just slightly sort of "snotty" in texture. So, I left it out for about a day and a half and that did the trick! No one can believe I make my own sour cream, but they don't know they're fools for not because it's so easy and cheap!
- 2 cups light cream (half-and-half)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream with buttermilk in hot, clean glass jar with screw lid.
- (A canning jar that has been heated in boiling water works well.) Cover tightly and shake gently to thoroughly mix the buttermilk and the cream.
- Let stand in a warm place (similar to where you would place bread to rise) till thickened-24 to 48 hours.
- Store, cover, in refrigerator.
- Stir before using.
- Use within 3 weeks.