12 hrs 10 mins
No need to purchase at the store. Make your own
My Private Note
- 1Put the milk over low heat, and bring to scald point (150 degrees).
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in lemon juice, and the milk will curdle.
- 4Let the mixture sit without refrigeration for 2-12 hours. This is the mellowing process, and it seems that the more patient you are, the mellower the cheese.
- 5Place 2 thickenesses of cheesecloth in a strainer.
- 6Place the strainer over a bowl.
- 7Pour the mixture into the strainer, and allow the whey to drain several hours until the curd is dry.
- 8Flavor as you choose. Mix with blue cheese, roquefort, peanut butter, honey, nuts, spices or eat plain.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Ricotta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (1006 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.1
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 239.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 16.0 g