Recipe by Juenessa
I saw this on the Food Network prepared by Giada De Laurentiis.
Top Review by Halima Dances
These are very good. I find that the extra colored sugar is unnecessary as it is plenty sweet already. I have sometimes mixed the white chocolate chips into the dough instead of dipping. If you do this, be aware they burn easily and must be watched closely.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- red sugar crystals, for garnish
- green sugar crystals, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl to blend.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended.
- Stir in the pistachios and cranberries.
- Form the dough into a 13-inch long, 3-inch wide log on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place the log on the cutting board.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet.
- Bake the biscotti until they are pale golden, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- Stir the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts.
- Dip half of the biscotti into the melted chocolate.
- Gently shake off the excess chocolate. Place the biscotti on the baking sheet for the chocolate to set.
- Sprinkle with the sugar crystals. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
- The biscotti can be made ahead.
- Store them in an airtight container up to 4 days, or wrap them in foil and freeze in resealable plastic bags up to 3 weeks.
- **Cooking time does not include the 30 minutes of cooling time before dipping in white chocolate or the 35 minutes refrigeration time after the biscotti is dipped in the chocolate.