1 hr 30 mins
I saw this on the Food Network prepared by Giada De Laurentiis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- red sugar crystals, for garnish
- green sugar crystals, for garnish
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Whisk the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend.
- 4Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl to blend.
- 5Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
- 6Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended.
- 7Stir in the pistachios and cranberries.
- 8Form the dough into a 13-inch long, 3-inch wide log on the prepared baking sheet.
- 9Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 10Place the log on the cutting board.
- 11Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4-inch-thick slices.
- 12Arrange the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet.
- 13Bake the biscotti until they are pale golden, about 15 minutes.
- 14Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- 15Stir the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts.
- 16Dip half of the biscotti into the melted chocolate.
- 17Gently shake off the excess chocolate. Place the biscotti on the baking sheet for the chocolate to set.
- 18Sprinkle with the sugar crystals. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
- 19The biscotti can be made ahead.
- 20Store them in an airtight container up to 4 days, or wrap them in foil and freeze in resealable plastic bags up to 3 weeks.
- 21**Cooking time does not include the 30 minutes of cooling time before dipping in white chocolate or the 35 minutes refrigeration time after the biscotti is dipped in the chocolate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2415.6
- Calories from Fat 1145
- Total Fat 127.3 g
- Saturated Fat 66.4 g
- Cholesterol 357.3 mg
- Sodium 795.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 289.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 180.9 g
- Protein 39.3 g