Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A traditional Philadelphia hoagie. You can substitute turkey or tuna for the meats, but a "true" hoagie is The Italian. the bread is very important! Not too soft, not too crusty.
- 1 hoagie roll (If you can't get Amoroso's or Del Campo, use any good, crusty sub roll or small Italian bread loaf)
- provolone cheese
- genoa salami
- coarsely shredded lettuce
- sliced tomato
- sliced onion
- jarred sweet pepper (optional)
- jarred hot pepper (optional)
- dill pickle (optional)
- Slice roll and drizzle with oil.
- Layer, in order, cheese, salami, and cappicolla.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and peppers and/or pickles, if using.
- Drizzle with a bit more oil, and sprinkle with oregano.
- Hold the mayo!